Understanding the complexity of ADHD and developing strategies for your home and personal life are important steps to coming to accept and deal with challenges.
- Keeping peace in the family and love alive in your relationship.
- New perspectives on ADHD. (Includes short videos)
- Benefits of music therapy.
- Decluttering your home and/or office 5-minutes at a time.
- Making this your best year yet. (Video with transcript)
- Why routines are better than resolutions. (Video)
- 5 Steps to super-simple planning
- Setting up routines for your household
- Free” Printables” to create a mail system and launch pad for your house or workplace.
- Two personal stories for both adults and parents.
Enjoying a simpler holiday season
- Developing the practice of gratitude
- The value of forgiveness
- ADHD-friendly organizing advice
- How recent research on the brain is adding to our understanding of ADHD.
In addition, videos and Pinterest Board recommendations offer a banquet of ideas for seasonal overwhelm and friendly strategies for ADHD.
Pills don’t teach skills: Living a better life with ADHD
- The ADHD Journey: From Discovery to Acceptance by Cynthia Hammer
- Strategies for living a better life with ADHD – Because pills don’t teach skills.
- Managing Life, House and Home with ADHD
- Twelve Great Strategies that Help ADHDers Thrive
Video: Cultivating Habits of the Heart
Parents take a front seat this month, but we’ve got a little something for everyone.
- ADHD Awareness – Where can I learn more? and What does it mean for you?
- Interventions to help increase performance
- Being an effective advocate for your child
- Homework strategies
- 2 short informative, but fun videos for both children and adults.
- Resources to find Help and Support, as well as discussing concerns about affordable treatment.
Change your perspective and learn to thrive with ADHD.
- “Think you Understand ADHD – Don’t leave out the best parts!”
- “5 Ways to Make Parenting ADHD Children Easier”
- “Organization for Children: Supporting Executive Functions”
- “ADHD CHOICES: Things I CAN do!”
- “Working from Home with ADHD”
- Videos: Another ADHD Song and Parenting Advice
Thrive with ADHD through Self-acceptance
- How does it feel to have ADHD?
- ADHD and Shame
- Unconditional Self-acceptance
- Know how your brain works
- Accepting your child’s diagnosis
- Audio and Video: Using your strengths to fulfill your purpose
Self-care and organization tips for you and your family. You’re in this together. (Plus 2 short videos)
- The Best Advice Ever
- Self-care Activities you Actually Have Time For + Printable
- Simple Steps to Staying Organized, an article with a Free Printable
- On ADHD: Parent to Parent
- How I Fixed my ADHD Husband
- ADHD Medication Rule 2- Reality Denied – Video
- What’s it Like to Have ADHD – 2-minute animated video
ADHD Websites, Medication Rating Scales, Essential reading and Featured articles
- ADHD Screening Tests
- Medication Rating Scales
- ADHD Websites
- Secrets of the ADHD Brain by William Dodson, M.D.
- Seven Steps to Get Fit Gradually by Leo Babauta
- Six Steps to Survive ADHD Overwhelm – Learn to Plan your Day by Sarah Jane Keyser
- The Brown Model of ADHD
- For kids, parents or adults with ADHD. Things to know, steps to take and accepting ADHD.
- Kids ADHD Page – Things to read, do and watch.
- A PHYSICIAN’S PERSPECTIVE on ADHD Medications
- 10 Medication Fallacies even Doctors Believe
- Why I Chose to Medicate my Child
- The pros and cons of medication holidays
- Unconditional Acceptance of Yourself
- 16 Steps to Better Self-Esteem with ADHD
Tools for Discovering your Strengths – Compiled by Joan Jager
- Tools for self-discovery to better manage ADHD.
- Advocate for yourself
- Using your strengths to meet your challenges.
(Photo courtesy of Vlado/ FreeDigitalPhoto.net) Modified on Canva.com