- Enjoying a simpler holiday season,
- Developing the practice of gratitude,
- The value of forgiveness,
- ADHD-friendly organizing advice, and
- How recent research on the brain is adding to our understanding of ADHD.
In addition, videos and Pinterest Board recommendations offer a banquet of ideas for seasonal overwhelm and friendly strategies for ADHD.
Pills don’t teach skills: Living a better life with ADHD
- The ADHD Journey: From Discovery to Acceptance by Cynthia Hammer
- Strategies for living a better life with ADHD – Because pills don’t teach skills.
- Managing Life, House and Home with ADHD
- Twelve Great Strategies that Help ADHDers Thrive
Video: Cultivating Habits of the Heart
Parents take a front seat this month, but we’ve got a little something for everyone.
- ADHD Awareness – Where can I learn more? and What does it mean for you?
- Interventions to help increase performance
- Being an effective advocate for your child
- Homework strategies
- 2 short informative, but fun videos for both children and adults.
- Resources to find Help and Support, as well as discussing concerns about affordable treatment.
Change your perspective and learn to thrive with ADHD.
- “Think you Understand ADHD – Don’t leave out the best parts!”
- “5 Ways to Make Parenting ADHD Children Easier”
- “Organization for Children: Supporting Executive Functions”
- “ADHD CHOICES: Things I CAN do!”
- “Working from Home with ADHD”
- Videos: Another ADHD Song and Parenting Advice
Thrive with ADHD through Self-acceptance
- How does it feel to have ADHD?
- ADHD and Shame
- Unconditional Self-acceptance
- Know how your brain works
- Accepting your child’s diagnosis
- Audio and Video: Using your strengths to fulfill your purpose
Self-care and organization tips for you and your family. You’re in this together. (Plus 2 short videos)
- The Best Advice Ever by Katherine McGaver
- Self-care Activities you Actually Have Time For + Printable by Meagan of Page Flutter
- Simple Steps to Staying Organized, an article with a Free Printable from Andrea Dekker
- On ADHD: Parent to Parent by Joan Jager
- How I Fixed my ADHD Husband by Coach Linda Walker
- ADHD Medication Rule 2- Reality Denied – Video by Dr. Charles Parker
- What’s it Like to Have ADHD – 2-minute animated video
ADHD Websites, Medication Rating Scales, Essential reading and Featured articles
- ADHD Screening Tests
- Medication Rating Scales
- ADHD Websites
- Secrets of the ADHD Brain by William Dodson, M.D.
- Seven Steps to Get Fit Gradually by Leo Babauta
- Six Steps to Survive ADHD Overwhelm – Learn to Plan your Day by Sarah Jane Keyser
- The Brown Model of ADHD
- For kids, parents or adults with ADHD. Things to know, steps to take and accepting ADHD.
- Kids ADHD Page – Things to read, do and watch. – Compiled by Joan Jager
- A PHYSICIAN’S PERSPECTIVE on ADHD Medications – Therapeutic Treatment of ADHD by Theodore Mandelkorn, M.D.
- 10 Medication Fallacies even Doctors Believe by Gina Pera – ADDitude Mag
- Why I Chose to Medicate my Child by Dianne Dempster
- The pros and cons of medication holidays – AdditudeMag
- Unconditional Acceptance of Yourself by Leo Babauta
- 16 Steps to Better Self-Esteem with ADHD by Kari Hogan
Tools for self-discovery to better manage ADHD. Advocate for yourself by using your strengths to meet your challenges.
(Photo courtesy of Vlado/ FreeDigitalPhoto.net) Modified on Canva.com